Do I have to transfer an out of state title to a Michigan title?

No, however, the document presented as proof of ownership must be a title or validated title receipt. We do not accept a signed-off title as proof of ownership.



If you did not find the information you need, enter a descriptive word or phrase in the Search field located in the upper right corner. Or send us an e-mail by clicking on “Contact the Secretary of State” also in the upper right corner and we will help you get the information you need.