What documents do I need to increase my elected gross vehicle weight?

  • IRP Schedule A/C Application completed and signed (the paper form and signature are not necessary if processed online);

  • Proof that Heavy Vehicle Use Tax has been paid on all vehicles receiving a weight increase that have been owned more than 60 days and operating at over 55,000 lbs. gross vehicle weight. Contact the IRP Office for information regarding what documents are accepted for proof of payment;

  • Cab card, if available, to show the gross vehicle weight at which the vehicle is currently registered (not necessary if processed online).



If you did not find the information you need, enter a descriptive word or phrase in the Search field located in the upper right corner. Or send us an e-mail by clicking on “Contact the Secretary of State” also in the upper right corner and we will help you get the information you need.