Do I have to provide a USDOT number to the IRP office?

Yes. You must submit a USDOT number and Taxpayer Identification Number (TIN) at the account level. You must also submit the USDOT and TIN for the Motor Carrier Responsible for Safety for each vehicle you are registering. The safety fitness of each carrier is checked prior to issuance of vehicle registrations. Unfit carriers will be denied the ability to register their vehicles.




If you did not find the information you need, enter a descriptive word or phrase in the Search field located in the upper right corner. Or send us an e-mail by clicking on “Contact the Secretary of State” also in the upper right corner and we will help you get the information you need.