SECRETARY OF STATE ALERT
In accordance with Governor Gretchen Whitmer’s “Stay Home, Stay Safe” executive order, all Secretary of State offices are closed until further notice to slow the spread of the coronavirus and protect public health. Late fees will be waived during this period.
Customers can complete many transactions using online services and can make an appointment for a future visit (subject to cancellation).
- 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday
- 11 a.m. to 7 p.m. Wednesdays.
- A few offices also offer Saturday hours from 9 a.m. to noon. (except on certain holidays)
- Smaller offices may close for a lunch hour. All offices are closed on state holidays.
- Offices are not open on Sunday.
- Visit Secretary of State Branch Office Locator for specific office hours for the office in your area.
All Secretary of State offices will be closed on the following days:
- New Year's: Tuesday, December 31, 2019 and Wednesday, January 1, 2020
- Martin Luther King Jr. Day: Monday, January 20, 2020
- Presidents Day: Monday, February 17, 2020
- Memorial Day: Saturday, May 23, 2020 and Monday, May 25, 2020
- Independence Day: Friday, July 3, 2020 and Saturday, July 4, 2020
- Labor Day: Saturday, September 5, 2020 and Monday, September 7, 2020
- Veterans Day: Wednesday, November 11, 2020
- Thanksgiving: Thursday, November 26, 2020 and Friday, November 27, 2020 and Saturday, November 28, 2020
- Christmas: Thursday, December 24, 2020, Friday, December 25, 2020 and Saturday, December 26, 2020
- New Year's: Thursday, December 31, 2020 and Friday, January 1, 2021 and Saturday, January 2, 2021
Related Documents & Topics