Reporting Unlicensed Repair Facilities, Mechanics or Dealers

Agency: State

A repair facility or mechanic who performs a motor vehicle repair or a vehicle dealer who sells vehicles without a license issued by the Department of State may be in violation of the Motor Vehicle Service and Repair Act.

Here's how you can report information regarding an unlicensed dealer, unlicensed repair facility, or uncertified mechanic:

• Fill out an on-line complaint form.  
• Call 1-888-SOS-MICH (1-888-767-6424)
• Fax 1-517-335-3192
• Email
• Mail using this address:

Michigan Department of State

Regulatory Monitoring Division
P.O. Box 30046
Lansing, MI  48909-7546

These complaints can be filed anonymously.

Please be sure to include detailed contact information for the business and any documentary evidence that you have regarding the unlicensed activity.

Related Documents
Consumer's Automotive Information and Complaint Kit PDF icon