Salary and Benefits
- During their training, recruits receive $3,800 a month while in recruit school.
- Starting salary for a Trooper 10 position is approximately $50,000, not including overtime and shift premium. After 20 years of service, a trooper’s base salary increases to $73,000.
- After six years of service, troopers receive longevity pay; a lump sum provided once a year based on time-in-service.
- Troopers receive health, dental, vision and life insurance from the State of Michigan.
- Troopers earn 13 vacation days in the first calendar year, accrued four hours every two weeks. Additional vacation time is accrued based on years of service.
- Troopers earn 13 paid sick days in a calendar year, accrued four hours every two weeks.
- State of Michigan employees receive 12 paid holidays per year.
- All enlisted employees are provided with the required uniforms and equipment. A uniform cleaning allowance is also provided.