The School Safety Commission was created to review and provide recommendations to the Office of School Safety
, including model practices for determining school safety measures. The school safety measures must address at least the following:
- The development and evaluation of school safety model practices.
- A review of the statewide school safety information policy and the emergency operations plans.
- The role of school safety liaisons.
- The emerging trends in school safety technology.
- The baseline safety requirements for schools.
- The baseline hardening measures for new and existing schools.
Public Act 548 of 2018: Creation of the School Safety Commission
School Safety Commission Members