Will the Department issue guidance for townships?

Presently, the Department is working diligently to develop the application process and rules will be forthcoming. There will also likely be guidance to municipalities on the submittal of the ordinance documents as described in the MMFLA. If a local municipality would like to provide the Department with a copy of their resolution and ordinance they can email it to MRA at MRA-MedicalMarihuana@michigan.gov.

Townships can get additional assistance from the Michigan Township Association at, https://www.michigantownships.org/.