Can a licensee work for any level of government?

An applicant is ineligible to receive a license if the applicant holds an elective office of a governmental unit for the State of Michigan, another state, or a federal government; or is employed by a governmental unit of the State of Michigan. This does not apply to an elected officer of or employee of a federally recognized Indian tribe or to an elected precinct delegate.