Built in 1844, Fort Wilkins was intended to keep law and order during the Copper Rush. The fort tells the story of life on the northern frontier during the mid-1800s. The park also includes the Copper Harbor lighthouses built in 1866 and 1868.
Although Governor Whitmer's Executive Order 2020-110 (COVID-19) allowed libraries and museums to re-open on June 8, 2020, this site's historic buildings remain closed to the public until further notice. The buildings will re-open once we can ensure the safety of visitors and staff. Check the DNR COVID-19 Response page for updates.
Copper Harbor, MI 49918
Admission is free with a Michigan State Parks Recreation Passport