2020 Summer Seasonal Positions
2020 Seasonal Positions
For the summer of 2020, the Michigan History Center is hiring 20 historic interpreters across the state of Michigan. These positions are opportunities to expand skills, gain experience, and work independently in a variety of public history contexts in some of Michigan’s most beautiful places. These are paid positions that could also be treated as paid internships for credit.
- Cambridge Junction State Historic Park (Walker Tavern Historic Site), Brooklyn (2 positions)
- Cradle of Forestry Historic Site & Civilian Conservation Corps Museum, North Higgins Lake State Park, Roscommon (1 position)
- Hartwick Pines Logging Museum, Hartwick Pines State Park, Grayling (2 positions)
- Mann House, Concord (2 positions)
- Sanilac Petroglyphs State Historic Park, Cass City (2 positions)
- Tawas Point Lighthouse, Tawas Point State Park, East Tawas (1 position)
- Father Marquette National Memorial, Straits State Park, St. Ignace (1 position)
- Fayette Historic State Park, Garden (2 positions)
- Fort Wilkins Historic State Park, Copper Harbor (4 positions)
- Michigan Iron Industry Museum, Negaunee (2 positions)
Applications will open by February 15, 2020. For more information on the positions or for application information, download the 2020 Michigan History Center Seasonal Positions Packet.