Fayette Historic Townsite
- The Fayette Historic Townsite includes 20 historic buildings, exhibits, a walking tour and scenic overlooks.
- Fayette has 20 preserved buildings and structures. Eleven buildings house museum exhibits and are open to the public, including the hotel, machine shop, company office, town hall, and residences.
- A massive blast furnace still stands on the site, and is part of the well-preserved history of this former 19th century industrial site.
- Fayette is a living museum, telling the story of a company town in the 19th century, nestled on the Garden Peninsula in the central Upper Peninsula.
- The limestone bluffs on Snail Shell Harbor were mined for use in the blast furnaces.
- Exhibits at Fayette focus on life in a company town, including what it was like to grow up there. At its height, half the population of Fayette was children.