Disposal of Earth Excavation Material or Contractor's Plant Sites

A permit from the Michigan Department of Transportation (MDOT) is required when a contractor would like to dispose of earth excavation materials or place a plant site within the State highway Right-of-Way.

When this activity occurs within the limits of an MDOT construction project, a permit is not required. A contractor’s disposal or storage site that is outside the project limits requires a permit. The permit applicant shall ensure the MDOT job number is entered in the Construction Permit System (CPS) to eliminate fees.  For more information on the Construction Permit process, click here

All construction permit applications are submitted and purchased through the MDOT Permit Gateway available thru MiLogin online system.