Category F - Urban Areas in Rural Counties
Goal: To provide system continuity with the secondary all-season road system.
Purpose: To provide funding for transportation projects that:
- Improve access to the state all-season system;
- Improve safety and all-season capabilities on routes having high commercial traffic; and
- Are coordinated with the secondary all-season system (TEDF Category D) or provide all-season routes within an urban area.
The application submission period for the FY 2023 Category F Urban Areas in Rural Counties is closed at this time. Award announcements will be made in December 2021, contingent on continued appropriations.
The application submission period for the FY 2024 Category F grant program will be announced in early 2022.
When working in MGS, click the on each tab to display application requirements.
For more information on eligible types of Category F projects (Resurfacing - 3R, Reconstruction - 4R), please see the MDOT Guide to Geometrics (2017 Edition).
- Program Overview
- Eligibility Criteria
- Eligible Category F Applicants
- MGS Account Set-up Instructions
- Urban Boundary Map