Strategic Planning Documents
- MDOT Strategic Plan 2017
- State Long-Range Plan (SLRP) MI Transportation Plan, also known as the State Long-Range Plan, is a 25-year plan for transforming Michigan's transportation system. Now includes the Michigan Freight Plan.
- Five-Year Transportation Program
The Michigan Department of Transportation (MDOT) Transportation Program is an integrated multi-modal program that continues to implement the goals and policies outlined by the State Transportation Commission (STC), emphasizing preservation of the transportation system and providing safe mobility to Michigan's citizens.
- Non-Metro Consultation Process
- Get Involved! Participate in MDOT Decisions
MDOT encourages broad public participation in its policy, program and project planning efforts.
- State Transportation Improvement Program (STIP) Michigan's State Transportation Improvement Program (STIP) provides information regarding the programs and projects to which state and local transportation agencies have committed over the next four years and verifies that new resources available for transportation are sufficient to finance those improvements.
- FHWA's Citizen Guide to the Transportation Planning Process
- MI Travel Counts Did you know that your travel habits help shape Michigan's transportation system?
- Michigan Transit Strategic Plan 2000-2020 (Large File) One important aspect of the strategic planning process is recognizing that transit is part of a larger transportation system. Success in implementing the initiatives included in this plan will be based on the transit community's ability to recognize how transit fits into the overall scheme of integrating mobility choices into an overall transportation system.
- Michigan Transit Strategic Plan 2000-2020 (Exec. Summary) A summary version of the complete plan above.
- MDOT FY2017 Regional Transportation Planning Work Program