US-127 Resurfacing, Ingham County
The Michigan Department of Transportation (MDOT) will be milling and resurfacing US-127, including interchange ramps between the Jackson County line and M-36 (Cedar Street). Work also includes preventive maintenance on 10 bridges.
- US-127/I-496 bridge maintenance and repairs (late summer - winter 2021)
- US-127 over Vine Street
- US-127 over Michigan Avenue
- US-127 over Kalamazoo Street
- The southbound US-127 ramp to westbound I-496
- The eastbound I-496 ramp to northbound US-127
- Northbound and southbound US-127 over the Red Cedar River
- US-127 over Trowbridge Road and the northbound US-127 ramp to Trowbridge Road
- The southbound US-127 ramp to westbound I-496 and the eastbound I-496 ramp to northbound US-127 (additional repairs 2022)
- US-127 from the Ingham/Jackson county line to M-36 (2022)
- US-127/I-496 from I-96 to I-496 (2023-2024)
- US-127 from I-496 to I-69 (2025)
The majority of work for this project will take place in 2022-2023. Notices will be sent out about lane and ramp restrictions as work progresses.
These improvements will provide increased safety and mobility in this area of US-127, which is a significant local and national trade corridor.
Funding for this project is made possible by Gov. Gretchen Whitmer's Rebuilding Michigan program to rebuild the state highways and bridges that are critical to the state's economy and carry the most traffic. The investment strategy is aimed at fixes that result in longer useful lives and improves the condition of the state's infrastructure.
MDOT Lansing Transportation Service Center