- If you are a health care provider serving or seeking health information from a person who has experienced domestic violence, sexual assault, or stalking, these frequently asked questions will help you:
- Understand the safety and privacy concerns the person may have with sharing his/her health care information with another care provider.
- Speak with the person about these concerns.
- Identify the proper form for obtaining the person’s permission to share information about behavioral or mental health services, referrals and/or treatment for substance use disorders, or communicable diseases.
- Identify referral resources for people who need information about and support for domestic violence, sexual assault, or stalking.
Domestic Violence, Sexual Assault, and/or Stalking - Health Information Sharing for Professionals