- Public notice & comments to new Board of Nursing rules
Comments may be sent to BPL-BoardSupport@michigan.gov
- Section 298 Initiative
The Section 298 Initiative is a statewide effort to improve the coordination of physical health services and behavioral health services in Michigan.
- State Innovation Model
In 2015, the CMS awarded Michigan $70 million over four years to test and implement an innovative model for delivering and paying for healthcare in the state.
- CMS updates Medicare Payment Policies, including telehealth standards
Final rules and interim final rule
- CMS releases new rules on dialysis care in nursing homes
A long-anticipated set of rules on how dialysis providers can provide treatments to patients living in skilled nursing facilities and nursing homes was released by CMS on Aug. 10.
- VA Updates Telehealth Regulations
This rule ensures that VA health care providers can offer the same level of care to all beneficiaries, irrespective of the State or location in a State of the VA health care provider or the beneficiary.
- VA finalizes telehealth rule to let providers practice across state lines
The final rule will override state laws to create a nationwide telehealth program to improve care access and reduce wait times for veterans.
- Omnibus Spending Bill Has Significant Wins for Nursing Education, Research
There were some significant wins for nursing education and research in the $1.3 trillion spending bill, knowing as the Fiscal Year 2018 Omnibus, signed into law by President Trump on March 23, 2018.
- Enhanced Nurse Licensure Compact (eNLC) Implementation Enhanced Nurse Licensure Compact (eNLC) Implementation
- Medicare and Medicaid Programs: Conditions of Participation for Home Health Agencies
Effective date January 13 2018, along with included amendments.
- SAMHSA finalizes changes to clarify health privacy rules for people who seek substance use disorder treatment
Final changes to rule will support payment and healthcare operations activities while protecting the confidentiality of patients.
- CMS updates guidance for long term care facility surveyors State Operations Manual
- CMS Conditions of Participation for Home Health Agencies This proposed rule would delay the effective date for the final rule. Comment period ends June 2, 2017.
- VA issues final rule regarding APRNs providing clinical care
On December 13, 2016, the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) issued a final rule regarding Advanced Practice Registered Nurses (APRNs) providing clinical care in the Veterans Health Administration. The VA has provided an additional 30-day comment period on full practice authority for CRNAs.
- New Federal Rules Will Require Home Health Agencies To Do Much More For Patients
Home health agencies will be required to become more responsive to patients and their caregivers under the first major overhaul of rules governing these organizations in almost 30 years.
- CMS has issued a final rule revising the requirements that Long Term-Care facilities must meet to participate in the Medicare and Medicaid programs
These rules reflect substantial advances in the theory and practice of service delivery and safety made in the past several years. the regulations must be implemented by the following dates: Phase 1, November 28, 2016; Phase 2, November 28,2017; Phase 3, November 28, 2019.
- Medicare Accountability and CHIP Reauthorization Act (MACRA) - Executive Summary On October 14, 2016, the federal government issued final regulations for the Medicare Accountability and CHIP Reauthorization Act (MACRA), and the described reimbursement system will exclude or exempts between 53% and 57% of physicians and other clinicians from a possible 2019 penalty.
- Medicare Issues Final Rule for Nursing Facilities This final rule updates the payment rates used under the prospective payment system (PPS) for skilled nursing facilities (SNFs) for fiscal year (FY) 2017.
- Michigan Public Health Code, Part 172, Nursing (P.A. 368 of 1978)
- NCSBN 2016 Environmental Scan Annual review of emerging issues and trends that impact nursing regulation
- Medicaid Managed Care & CHIP Final Rule This final rule modernizes the Medicaid managed care regulations to reflect changes in the usage of managed care delivery systems.
- CMS Releases New Application Process for MU Hardship Exemptions The Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) has launched a new, streamlined hardship application process for providers who feel they should be exempt from financial penalties for failing to meet requirements of the meaningful use program.
- Medicare Final Rule for Home Health Released This final rule will update Home Health Prospective Payment System (HH PPS) rates, including the national, standardized 60-day episode payment rates, the national per-visit rates, and the non-routine medical supply (NRS) conversion factor under the Medicare prospective payment system for home health agencies (HHAs), effective for episodes ending on or after January 1, 2016.
- NCSBN 2015 Envirnomental Scan Annual review of emerging issues and trends that impact nursing regulation
- ONC Updates Guide to Safety, Privacy of Electronic Health Information The ONC has published a revised version of its "Guide to Privacy and Security of Electronic Health Information."