Institutional Review Board
- What is an Institutional Review Board and What Activities Need IRB Review?
Overview of the MDHHS IRB.
- Institutional Review Board Questions and Answers
Instructions for IRB review and renewal approval
- Contact the MDHHS IRB
Contact information for MDHHS IRB
- Approved Policies and Procedures
- Protecting Research Participants and the Michigan Department of Health and Human Services Institutional Review Board A detailed description of the IRB process
Information for New Applications
- Required Human Research Protections Training Guidelines for Human Research Protections Training
- Information and Instructions Regarding Research Approval Helpful information and instructions regarding research approval
- IRB Initial Review Application
- IRB Abbreviated Initial Review Application
Assistance With Informed Consent
- Guidelines for Informed Consent
Includes links to the United States Health & Human Services - Office of Human Research Projects (OHRP)
Requirements After Approval
- Procedures for Continuing Review of Research
- Application for Continuation of Approval Form - Non-Exempt
- Application for Continuation of Approval Form-Exempt
- What Should I Do if I Want to Make Changes to Approved Research?
How to make changes to approved research.
- Research Revision Request - DCH-1478
- What Does My MDHHS IRB Determination Notice Mean? Understanding the IRB Determination Notice.