Health Disparities Reduction and Minority Health Section (HDRMHS)
- African Americans
- American Indians/Alaska Natives
- Arab and Chaldean Americans
- Asian Americans and Pacific Islanders
HDRMHS major activities are:
- To support and initiate programs, policies, and applied research to address social determinants of health that contribute to health inequities for racial and ethnic minority populations in Michigan;
- To collaborate in the development of Michigan Department of Health and Human Services prevention, health service delivery, and research strategies in an effort to improve health outcomes for racial and ethnic minority populations in Michigan; and,
- To facilitate implementation of culturally and linguistically appropriate health services throughout the Michigan Department of Health and Human Services.
"Cultural Proficiency: Developing Cultural Competency from the Inside Out"
The Michigan Department of Health and Human Services (MDHHS), Health Disparities Reduction and Minority Health Section (HDRMHS) is pleased to offer a 2-Day cultural proficiency workshop entitled, Cultural Proficiency: Developing Cultural Competency from the Inside Out’. Click the link for more information.
Health Equity Online Training
MDHHS has launched a new training (Health Equity Online Training) related to health equity and health disparities. This training will help you to better understand health equity and health disparities, factors that contribute to health inequities, populations that are most affected, the impact of health inequities, and how MDHHS employees can improve the health equity for state residents.
- 2010 Health Equity Report
HDRMHS Grant Programs
- Minority Health Violence Prevention Program - 2019
- Minority Health Data Capacity Grant Program Data Project - 2019
- CDC Social Ecological Model for Violence Prevention
- Targeted Universalism Equity
- Data RFP Pre-Application Call PowerPoint
- Violence RFP Pre-Application Call PowerPoint
- FAQ HDRMHS FY18-19 Data Project
- Frequently Asked Questions - Violence Prevention RFP
- HDRMHS Minority Health Month Activities conducted in recognition of National Minority Health Month (April)
- The History of Minority Health Month
Michigan Department of Community Health
Health Disparities Reduction & Minority Health Section
Sheryl Weir, Section Manager
firstname.lastname@example.org or 313-456-4355