Safe Sleep for Infants
Follow these tips for safe sleep during every nap and night-time routine:
- Place your baby on their back, in a crib, bassinet or pack-n-play for every sleep time.
- Use a firm mattress with a tightly fitted sheet.
- Keep baby’s sleep space clutter free – no pillows, blankets or toys.
- Avoid covering baby’s head or overheating. Instead of a blanket, consider using a sleep sack, wearable blanket or footed sleeper to keep baby warm.
- Remind everyone who cares for your baby, including babysitters and family members, how to keep baby safe while sleeping.