Safe Sleep for Infants
Follow these Safe Sleep Steps to keep your baby safe:
- Place your baby on their back, in a crib, bassinet or pack n' play for every sleep time - nap time and night time.
- Use a firm mattress with a tightly fitted sheet.
- Keep baby’s sleep space clutter free – no pillows, blankets or toys.
- Avoid covering baby’s head or overheating. Instead of a blanket, consider using a sleep sack, wearable blanket or footed sleeper to keep baby warm.
- Remind everyone who cares for your baby, including babysitters and family members, how to keep baby safe while sleeping.
Learn more about the Safe Sleep Steps and why they are recommended to keep your baby safe.