Michigan's school accountability system uses state assessment scores and other quality metrics to identify and support schools in helping students achieve Michigan's standards. The Michigan Department of Education releases school accountability reports annually to the public in collaboration with the Center for Educational Performance Information on MISchoolData.org. Use the links provided below to view accountability reports and other resources relating to school accountability.
Support for the Michigan Department of Education's School Accountability initiatives can be reached at:
877-560-8378, option 3 or by emailing MDE-Accountability@michigan.gov.
Subscribe to Accountability and other MDE Email ListServs.
- MDE Statement on School Grades
- Michigan School Grades Reports (on MISchoolData.org) - Updated 3/31/20
- Michigan School Grades Resources
- Michigan School Index Reports (on MISchoolData.org) - Updated 12/9/2020
- Michigan School Index System Resources
- Michigan School Index Results: Policy Considerations & Long-Term Educational Goals - New 7/18/2019
- Michigan Parent Dashboard for School Transparency (on MISchoolData.org)
- Michigan Parent Dashboard for School Transparency Resources
- Public Guide to the Michigan's Accountability System
- Display Guide for Michigan School Index Reports on MISchoolData.org
- Michigan School Index System Policy Brief
- Comprehensive Support and Improvement Policy Brief
- Comprehensive Support and Improvement School Identification List 2016-17
- Additional Targeted Support Policy Brief
- Additional Targeted Support School Identification List 2017-18
- Targeted Support and Improvement Policy Brief
- Targeted Support and Improvement School Identification List 2018-19
- School Support Identification Flowchart
- 2018-19 Accountability Master Results File
- 2018-19 Statewide School Index Report Tool