MDE COVID-19 Early Childhood Information and Resources
In response to the COVID-19 crisis, the Michigan Department of Education (MDE) is providing early childhood education information and resources to assist local school districts, educators, child care providers and families.
We appreciate your understanding and cooperation in reducing the coronavirus risk to Michigan residents. For more information on statewide efforts, please visit the coordinated Michigan Coronavirus website.
Additional Education Information and Resources can be found on the MDE website at the COVID-19 Education Information and Resources page.
For the most up-to-date information about Governor Whitmer's order related to child care, frequently asked questions, the Payroll Protection Program (PPP), and more, visit the child care page of Michigan's Coronavirus site.
- MEMO #COVID-19-002 GSRP Requirements During COVID-19 Closures
- Inclusion of the Great Start Readiness Program (GSRP) in Continuity of Learning and COVID-19 Response Plans
- MEMO #COVID-19-020 Individuals with Disabilities Education Act (IDEA) Part C (Early On) during K-12 School Closure due to Executive Orders 2020-11 and 2020-21 (COVID-19)
- MEMO #COVID-19-003 Compliance Requirements of the Individuals with Disabilities Education Act (IDEA) Part C during a Public Health Emergency
- Implementation of Early On® During Implementation of Continuity of Learning and COVID-19 Response Plan
- MEMO #COVID-19-009 Head Start Agency Requirements During COVID-19 Closures
- COVID-19 and the Head Start Community