Child Care Relief Fund Grants! The May grant application has closed. The June application will open on Monday, July 13 after 6:00 p.m.
The Child Care Relief Fund is a non-competitive grant program that helps both open and closed child care providers in Michigan cover costs during the COVID-19 state of emergency. The goal of the program is to help child care providers stay in business and make child care more affordable for Michigan families.
Additional Resources for you!
- Grant Calculator to help you determine the amount of your grant prior to starting the online application.
- SIGMA - How to Check the Status of your Grant Payment.
- SIGMA - How to Find your SIGMA Vendor Code and Address ID.
- SIGMA - How to Apply for a SIGMA Vendor Code.
- May Application Questions to help you prepare before submitting your online application.
If you have questions about your application, please call 866-990-3227 prior to submitting your application.
Note: Due to volume of applications and temporary State layoffs, grant processing will take at least 4-6 weeks. Incomplete or multiple applications will delay processing. In order to address backlog of April and May applications the Department has added additional staff to process the grants and has begun simplifying the grant processing procedures. We anticipate having April grants processed by July 17 and May grants processed by July 24.
COVID-19 Notice: For up-to-date information about Governor Whitmer's order related to child care, frequently asked questions, the Payroll Protection Program (PPP), and more, visit the child care page of Michigan's Coronavirus site.