Monthly Manager Sessions
These monthly sessions are meant to provide information, support, and resources specific to the challenges and issues managers encounter. The sessions will be provided in a Teams Meeting format allowing for presentation, questions, and discussion. ESP would like to offer managers the opportunity to gain knowledge and information not only from the formal material presentation, but from the wisdom and experiences of fellow managers.
If you would like to attend one or more of the sessions, please send us an email at MCSC-ESP@michigan.gov. and we will send you the Teams Meeting invite.
- Responding to Trauma and Grief in the Workplace - Tuesday, November 16: 12:00 - 1:00
- A traumatic or critical incident is a powerful event that is unexpected, distressing, and can trigger stress reactions. Employees look to you for direction at a time when you may feel sad, confused, and overwhelmed yourself. This session will provide information to assist you in responding to workplace trauma or grief and review the State of Michigan's Traumatic Incident Stress Management program, ESP Grief Services, and additional ESP resources related to trauma and grief.
- Managing During the Holidays - Tuesday, December 14: 12:00 - 1:00
- Although the holiday season is often thought of as a happy time, it can also be stressful or challenging especially during COVID. Managers can feel pulled in many directions both at work and home. This session provides tips and ideas for managing holiday stress, and reviews key aspects of the importance of self-care for leaders.
- Understanding Burnout and What to do About it - Tuesday, January 18: 12:00-1:00
- Many managers are familiar with the concept of burnout but aren't really sure what it means or looks like in themselves or the team they manage. How do you know when you or your team members have crossed over from just stress to burnout? This webinar will help you recognize signs of burnout and provide ideas for preventing and addressing burn out.