- Wild Foraged Mushroom Information
Michigan Wild-foraged Mushroom Certification Requirements
Wild mushrooms, like morels and chanterelles, help define the forests of Michigan and provide potential income streams for foragers, farmers, restaurateurs and food entrepreneurs. But improperly identified, these foods can also pose serious health risks. ...
- Animals in Food Establishments
- DNR Wild Game Processor Permit Requirements
- CIFOR Industry Guidelines
The CIFOR Industry Guidelines were developed as voluntary guidance for owners, operators, and managers of retail food establishments ("Industry") to help outline, clarify, and explain Industry's recommended role in a foodborne illness outbreak investigation. The CIFOR Industry Guidelines also describe key information to assist Industry in understanding what to expect when first notified of ...
- Kombucha Tea Brewing (Journal of Environmental Science, Nov. '13)
Kombucha brewing under the Food and Drug Administration Model Food Code: Risk Analysis and Processing Guidance (Journal of Environmental Science, November 2013)
- Michigan Catch & Cook Guidance Document
- Federal Meat and Poultry Inspection in Michigan
Information for meat processors and regulators about federal meat and poultry inspection in Michigan.
- Specialized Retail Meat Processing in Michigan
Information for meat processors and regulators about specialized meat processing in Michigan.
- Food Manufacturing Industry Best Practices for Controlling Salmonella
- Hygienic Zoning in Processing Facilities
- Understanding the Environmental Monitoring Zone Concept
- Food Manufacturing Industry Best Practices for Controlling Listeria
- Meat Processing Regulations and Resources
- Shellfish Sanitation Program
On December 4, 2008 Michigan received federal approval from the Food and Drug Administration to be a regulatory auditor for Michigan shellfish processors and shippers.
- Plan Review Resources
Information providing forms, applications, manuals, worksheets and plan review requirements for regulators.
- Emergency Action Plans for Retail Food Establishments
Practical guidance for retail grocery and food service establishments to plan and respond to emergencies that create the potential for an imminent health hazard.
- Interactive Inspection Guidelines
The following guidelines may be used to assist regulators when conducting risk based inspections. An improved risk control plan form can be found in the risk control plan guidance document.
- Emergency Model Press Releases for Local Health Departments
The following model press releases may be used by local health departments for communicating with the food industry during emergency situations.
- Foodborne Illness Risk Reduction
These documents contain information that can assist food establishment managers and food safety regulators in the area of foodborne illness risk reduction.
- Good Manufacturing Practices (GMPs) and Food Safety Certification for Michigan Apple Cider Producers
This document has been developed to define Good Manufacturing Practices (GMPs) within the state of Michigan for the purpose of manufacturing both fresh and treated apple cider that is safe and of the highest quality.
- Flip Chart of Emergency Procedures for Retail Food Establishments (Grocery & Convenience Stores) Intended primarily for grocery and convenience stores to use in conjunction with the MDARD's Emergency Action Plan.
- Date Marking Guide for Grocery Store Delis This guide is intended to give practical information on how grocery store operators and deli managers can comply with Food Code date marking requirements that apply to many ready-to-eat, potentially hazardous foods.
- Food Product Recalls Guidance For Industry This document is not intended to be an all-inclusive recall guide, however, the Michigan Department of Agriculture & Rural Development is providing helpful information that industry can incorporate into their food recall plans.