MDARD Plant Pest Quarantines
MDARD safeguards Michigan agriculture and natural resources against the introduction, establishment, and spread of economically and environmentally significant pests (insects and diseases) and facilitates the safe trade of agricultural plant products. One of the tools used to accomplish this are plant pest quarantines. Plant pest quarantines are legal documents issued by MDARD that limit the movement of specific plant material within, into or out of the state of Michigan.
Interior plant pest quarantines restrict the movement of specific plant material within the state of Michigan; exterior plant pest quarantines restrict the movement of specific plant material into the state of Michigan from other states where a plant pest is known to exist.
Plant Pest Quarantines Currently in Effect in Michigan
- Hemlock Woolly Adelgid Interior Quarantine - 6/5/17
- Hemlock Woolly Adelgid Exterior Quarantine - Revised 6/24/14
- Hemlock Woolly Adelgid Exterior Quarantine: List of Infested Areas - Revised 4/4/19
- Balsam Woolly Adelgid Exterior Quarantine - 6/24/14
- Balsam Woolly Adelgid Exterior Quarantine: List of Infested Areas - Revised 3/18/19
- Blueberry Scorch, Shock & Sheep Pen Hill Virus Exterior Quarantine - Revised 8/10/16
- Chestnut Gall Wasp Exterior Quarantine - 5/17/10
- Thousand Cankers Disease of Walnut Exterior Quarantine - Revised 12/14/17
- Michigan Quarantine Summary for Licensees - Updated 3/21/18