Farmland Preservation General Information
- The Farmland and Open Space Preservation Program
Learn about the various methods for preserving farmland and open space.
- Contact the Farmland Preservation Office
For information and/or questions concerning the Farmland and Open Space Preservation Program.
- 2020 Farmland Preservation Annual Report
- Wind Turbines on PA 116 Land
- Cellular Phone Towers on PA 116 Land
- MDARD Policy on Solar Panel and PA116 Land
- PA 116 Solar Panel Approval Process
- PA 116 Solar Panel Application
- PA 116 Solar Panel FAQ
Farmland Preservation Program (formerly P.A. 116)
- Enrolling in the Farmland Preservation Program (Eligibility, Instructions, and Application)
- Changing an existing Farmland Development Rights Agreement
Information on transferring, splitting, or extending your Farmland Development Rights Agreement.
- Early Termination of All or Part of a Farmland Development Rights Agreement
Information on the termination of all of the land in, or the release of a parcel from (partial termination) a Farmland Development Rights Agreement prior to an Agreement's expiration.
- Farmland and Open Space Preservation Frequently Asked Questions
- Map of Farmland Enrolled in PA116 by County
- Part 361 of Public Act 451 of 1994 - Michigan's Natural Resources and Environmental Protection Act
- Brochure: Transferring, Splitting, and Releasing Farmland Agreements
- Brochure: Enrollment, Eligibility, and Benefits of Farmland Agreements
Conservation Easement Donations
- Conservation Easement Donations
Explains what a conservation easement is and how to enter into one with the State.
- Fact Sheet for the incentive for Private Land Conservation Michigan Public Act 446 of 2006
- Conservation Easement Assessment
Read the State Tax Commission's memo regarding assessing conservation easements.
- Conservation Easement: Landowner Questionnaire
To aid the landowner in tailoring conservation easements to land protection and financial planning goals.
- Example of Donated Farmland Development Rights Easement
NOTE: This document is an example easement only. Each conservation easement is tailored specifically for the land's agricultural value.
- Example of Donated Conservation Easement (Open Space)
NOTE: This document is an example easement only. Each conservation easement is tailored specifically for the land's conservation value.
- 2020 Farmland Conservation Easements Annual Report