Pesticide Application Business License Process
In becoming certified/registered you are eligible to apply pesticides as part of your employment. However, your certification/registration does not allow you to legally operate a business where you apply pesticides for hire. In addition to pesticide applicator credentials, a pesticide application business license is also required to apply pesticides for hire.
- Michigan Pesticide Application Business License Details & FAQ
This webpage sets forth some of the requirements of the Natural Resources & Environmental Protection Act (Act No. 451, Part 83) and Regulation No. 636, (Pesticide Applicator's), promulgated for its administration, as they pertain to a Michigan Pesticide Application Business License.
- Guidance for Registering Your Company Name When Applying for a Pesticide Application Business License
- Pesticide Applicator's Business License Application Form (PI-079)
- Checklist for Submitting Your Pesticide Applicator's Business License (PABL) Application Form
A list of items and procedures required to successfully complete a new PABL application submission.
- Pesticide Terms & Definitions
- Pesticide Application Business Subcontracting Policy
Firms without a PABL license that want to subcontract pesticide application services to a license firm must follow the MDARD subcontracting policy found here.
- Pesticide Application Businesses Currently Licensed to do Business in Michigan
Pesticide Application Renewal Process
- 2021 Renewal Memo
- 2021 Renewal Instructions
- PABL Renewal Checklist for a Blank Renewal
- PABL Application Business License Renewal Instructions for a Blank Renewal
To ensure continuity of your Pesticide Application Business License, the renewal application must be submitted to MDARD by December 31 when the current license expires.
- PABL Blank Renewal Application (PI-079c)
- Notarized Statement of Experience