Animal Disease Analytical Testing Services
Animal disease testing services are offered to veterinarian practitioners.
Appropriate forms can be obtained by calling the MDARD Supply line at 517-284-5800
All tests require a minimum of 1ml serum, preferably in a serum separator tube and spun before mailing. If whole blood is submitted it is best to ship the sample chilled with a cold pack to preserve it, especially in the summer months.
Effective Immediately: We only accept Equine Infectious Anemia (EIA) submissions that are in compliance with the new USDA requirements for testing which went into effect April 15, 2020.
Non-Compliant samples will not be tested and will be discarded.
Requirements for EIA Testing Submissions
- Must be submitted by a USDA accredited Category II veterinarian who is authorized to complete accredited duties in the state where the sample is obtained
- Is submitted using an approved USDA form:
- Paper form “VS FORM 10-11 FEB 2018” in lower left hand corner.
- Global Vet Link
- Approved USDA form is properly completed
- No Fields left Blank
- National Accreditation Number provided
Samples can be dropped off Monday through Friday 8:00am-4:30pm at, or mailed/shipped to:
Michigan Department of Agriculture and Rural Development
Animal Disease Testing Laboratory
1615 S. Harrison
East Lansing, Michigan 48823
Acceptable Electronic Sample Submission options for Equine Infectious Anemia (Coggins):
- VSPS - USDA eAuthentication (free) www.eauth.usda.gov/home/
- GVL - Global Vet Link www.globalvetlink.com/myvetlink/
Test Fees are as follows:
Anaplasmosis; Bovine and other ruminants - $9.00
Bluetongue; Bovine and other ruminants - $9.00
Brucellosis (serum only); Bovine and other ruminants and Swine - $3.00
We do not provide Brucellosis testing on Sheep
Equine Infectious Anemia, Coggins (AGID or ELISA) - $8.00
Johne's (ELISA); Bovine, Goats, Sheep - $8.00
Pseudorabies (ELISA); Swine - $5.00
All results will be mailed per form-specific instructions, unless otherwise requested.
Special Handling of results, upon request:
- $2.00 per page, per fax number/email address
- Picked up the Geagley Laboratory
- Vet &/or Owner copy must be indicated
- Must be picked up within two (2) weeks or they will be mailed to listed address(es)