- Do not open or plant the seeds. If seed packets are already opened, place all material, including the packaging, in a sealed bag.
- To report, fill out this online form and mail the seeds, and the packaging to:
11200 Metro Airport Center Dr.
Romulus, MI 48174
Attn: USDA Identification Staff
- If seeds have already been planted or if unable or unwilling to mail the seeds and packaging, contact USDA State Plant Health Director Craig Kellogg at 734-942-9005 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org for guidance.
- Do not put seeds or plant material in a compost pile.
COVID-19 Information and Updates
During the COVID-19 Emergency Response, the Michigan Department of Agriculture and Rural Development is operating at a limited capacity with critical infrastructure workers only for the protection of public health and continuity of commerce. Some services will not be available until normal business operations resume, and response times may be slowed during this time. Information on the COVID-19 Emergency Response is available at the following links:
- MDARD updates state's two hemlock woolly adelgid quarantines
- MDARD provides list of licensed mosquito spraying companies in Michigan
- MDARD grant to Ethel's Bakery helps spark new jobs, reinvestment in Michigan food and ag industry
- Consumer Advisory: MDARD Issues Consumer Advisory for Vlanc+Piür Brand Hand Sanitizers
- Farmers: Crop Disaster Resources
An online portal for farmers to access State of Michigan, Michigan State University Extension, and USDA / Federal Resources. Check back for latest updates. Click here to launch the GIS viewer.
- Growing Industrial Hemp in Michigan
View Forms, Resources, Laws and Regulations, and Hemp News Releases & Updates. Click here for hemp licensing information.
- Michigan Agriculture Resources
Learn about Michigan agriculture, check out the latest issues of Michigan Agriculture magazine and Discover Michigan Farm Fun directory, and explore additional food and agriculture industry resources.