New MeL Resources
As of October 1, MeL has a new look and new content! Among the new e-Resources it brings to all residents of Michigan, this list highlights those that seem especially complimentary to the work of state employees. Contact us to schedule a training on these new resources, as well as our general research services.
- Academic Search Complete: Includes peer-reviewed full text for STEM research, as well as for the social sciences and humanities.
- AGRICOLA: Contains records from the USDA's National Agriculture Library and provides millions of citations relating to the field of agriculture.
- Applied Science & Technology Source: Covers the full spectrum of the applied sciences and computing disciplines from acoustics to aeronautics, neural networks to nuclear engineering.
- Business Book Summaries: Concise yet comprehensive summaries to help professionals and students keep up with the latest information in the business world. A wide range of topics is covered including business biographies, change management, communication, entrepreneurship, leadership, marketing, personal growth, productivity and technology.
- eBook Academic Collection: Multidisciplinary eBooks representing a broad range of academic subjects.
- Education Source: Scholarly research and information for education students, professionals and policy makers. Covers all levels of education - from early childhood to higher education - and educational specialties such as multilingual education, health education and testing.
- Environemnt Complete: Covers the areas of agriculture, ecosystem ecology, energy and affiliated areas of study.
- ERIC: Authoritative database of indexed and full-text education literature and resources. Sponsored by the Institute of Education Sciences of the U.S. Department of Education, it is essential tool for education researchers of all kinds.
- Health Source: Nursing/Academic Edition: Provides researchers, allied health professionals, nurses and medical educators access to full-text scholarly journals focusing on many medical disciplines.
- LearningExpress - Computer Skills Tutorials: Offers 90+ courses on topics such as Adobe Illustrator and Photoshop, Computer Basics, Internet Basics, and MS Office Products.
- Legal Source: Authoritative database for current issues, studies, thoughts and trends of the legal world.
- MasterFILE Complete: Includes a wide variety of full-text magazines, reference books and primary source documents. There’s also an extensive image collection with photos, maps and flags. Special tip: includes access to Consumer Reports!
- Political Science Complete: Covers political topics with a worldwide focus. Designed for students, researchers and government institutions.
- Psychology and Behavioral Sciences Collection: Covers a broad range of subjects in the fields of psychology, behavioral sciences and related disciplines. For psychologists, counselors, researchers and students.
- Science Reference Center: Full-text science magazines, encyclopedias, reference books, and a collection of images.