Labor and Economic Opportunity
When there are outstanding payments due, customers have the option to repay the amount in full or make the required minimum monthly payment on outstanding debt. UI also uses various collection methods to recover benefit payments.
• Intercept your federal income tax refund through the United States Department of Treasury
• Intercept your state income tax refund through the Michigan Department of Treasury
• Administrative garnishment without obtaining a court order (25% of your disposable pay)
• Withhold future unemployment benefits to pay the debt
• Take legal action in the courts to collect the debt