Get help in your re-employment journey with LinkedIn
Michigan is partnering with LinkedIn to help you in your re-employment journey: apply for a job and maintain eligibility for unemployment insurance easily and quickly in one place.
With the new free LinkedIn unemployment portal (www.linkedin.com/unemployment), you can search and apply for jobs from among LinkedIn's more than 20 million job listings.
With LinkedIn/unemployment, you can:
- Maintain eligibility for benefits when you use LinkedIn to apply for jobs. Download a PDF auto-filled with your job search activity, which you can submit to UIA as a record of your work search and keep for your own records in case of an audit To get started:
- Go to linkedin.com/unemployment on your web browser
- Click “Sign In” with your existing LinkedIn account or “Join Now” to create one
- Follow the instructions and click “download log” to generate a PDF with your job search details. Print the log and keep it for your own records
- Receive email reminders to make sure you apply for the required number of jobs.
- On the LinkedIn unemployment resources page (linkedin.com/unemployment), you can access a free LinkedIn Learning course that guides you through the re-employment process. You can also join an unemployment resources community to give and receive support.
LinkedIn.com/unemployment is an optional tool for searching for jobs. To be eligible for unemployment benefits, claimants must be able, available and seeking work. In most cases, claimants are required to register for work with Pure Michigan Talent Connect and appear in person at a local Michigan Works Service Center.