- Vocational Rehabilitation Program, Bureau of Services for Blind Persons
The purpose of the Vocational Rehabilitation Program (Michigan Bureau of Services for Blind Persons) is to help you become employed in a career that suits your current or potential skills and abilities.
- Post Secondary Readiness Program
Before an Individual Plan for Employment is developed that includes the use of (Michigan) Bureau of Services for Blind Persons resources for college, the individual must demonstrate his or her ability to function in the academic environment. The Post Secondary Readiness Program has been developed to measure a student's preparedness for college, specifically in the areas of communication skills, note taking, technology skills, travel, and activities of daily living.
- Pure Michigan Talent Connect
Online marketplace connecting Michigan’s job seekers and employers.
- Michigan Occupational Employment Forecasts Through 2024
The Michigan statewide forecast and regional forecasts can be useful for career planning.
Connecting the Disability Community to Information & Opportunities
- Business Services
- Employer Assistance and Resource Network (EARN) ...a resource for employers seeking to recruit, hire, and retain qualified employees with disabilities.
- Strategic Connections: Recruiting Candidates with Disabilities (U.S. Department of Labor publication) According to the U.S. Department of Labor, "as a whole, individuals with disabilities represent one of the largest untapped pools of skills and talent in the U.S.," and "research demonstrates that employees with disabilities consistently meet or exceed performance expectations and have a lower than average rate of turnover."
- Employers and the ADA: Myths and Facts (USDOL Publication) Know the facts about the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and what it does--and doesn't--require of employers.
- ICanConnect Frequently Asked Questions
- DeafBlind Services
The Bureau of Services for Blind Persons provides statewide Vocational Rehabilitation services and/or Independent Living consultations to adults and high school students who are legally blind and have moderate to profound hearing loss.
- ICanConnect Link
- ICanConnect Announcement Letter