Skip to main content
Labor and Economic Opportunity

How do I find out about the hazards of the chemicals I work with?

You should receive training and information on the chemicals in your work area. Employers are required to maintain copies of material safety data sheets (MSDS) for chemicals used in the workplace. Employers are also required to post a notice advising employees how to access the MSDS. If you have not received training, information, or you do not know how to access the MSDS, ask your employer. You can also call MIOSHA toll-free at 800-TO-MIOSH (800-866-4674).

*The answers provided are not meant to be a substitute for legal advice.