What to Bring for your stay at the BSBP Training Center
This link provides information on what to bring.
Please bring clothing that is appropriate for the season. Students will be traveling in the community and should bring comfortable walking shoes and be prepared for all types of weather. A casual to business casual dress code will be observed.
- Casual to business casual dress code includes:
- Slacks (khakis, cargo pants or good jeans with no holes)
- Cargo or Bermuda shorts, capris
- Plain t-shirts, polo shirts, turtlenecks, casual button-down shirts and blouses, sweaters
- Casual shoes such as loafers, athletic shoes, sandals
- Dresses, skirts
Training center administration and counselors reserve the right to counsel with consumers as to appropriate clothing choices. Consumers are expected to dress modestly and wear clothing that is free of slogans and/or art that may be determined to be offensive or inappropriate.
Following is a list of other items to bring:
- Picture I.D.
- Medical insurance cards
- Prescription and over the counter medications
- A written copy of special dietary instructions
- Laundry supplies
- Alarm clock
- Spending money for recreation, snacks, etc.
- Accessible technology and adaptive equipment such as computers, braille notetakers, Pen Friend, digital recorders, etc.
- Low vision aids such as prescription glasses, sunglasses, monoculars, magnifiers, etc.
- Hearing aids
- Braille and Talking Book Library (BTBL) book player (if one has been issued to you)
- Pillow (although pillows are provided, many students prefer to sleep on their own.)
The BSBPTC is not responsible for loss, theft or damage of any personal items. Items left behind for more than 30 days after conclusion will be discarded.
Training Center Amenities:
- Coin-operated washers and dryers
- Dorm room cleaning supplies
- Televisions, DVD players, accessible computers and CCTVs (video magnifiers) in lounge areas
- Refrigerator and microwave in lounge area
- Fitness room (NOTE: The fitness room may be used once the consumer has been familiarized with the equipment unless otherwise ordered by his/her doctor.)
- Library containing materials in various reading formats
- Vending machines with soft drinks, candy and snacks
- Change machine that accepts $1 and $5 bills
- Outdoor smoking area (Smoking is not allowed in the building or in state-owned vehicles.)
- Incoming and outgoing mail services are available at the front desk. There is no mail delivery on weekends.
Available to borrow:
- Alarm clock
- BTBL book player
- Iron and ironing board