- Mortuary Science
Article 18 of Public Act 299 of 1980, as amended was created to license and regulate the practice of mortuary science and funeral establishments in Michigan.
The families of loved ones transferred from Cantrell Funeral Home in Detroit on April 25, 2018, to Preferred Removal Services, Inc. wishing for assistance in achieving the final disposition of their loved ones may wish to contact one of the following licensed funeral establishments:
Ellis Memorial Funeral Home (Detroit), (313) 535-8800, www.ellisfuneralhomeinc.com
Kemp Funeral Home & Cremation Services LLC (Southfield), (248) 702-KEMP (5367), www.kempfuneralhome.com
You may check whether a funeral establishment you are considering doing business with is licensed and if it has a history of discipline by visiting www.mi.gov/licenselookup or calling the Licensing Division at (517) 241-9221.
- Bulletin - Death Certificates
- Bulletin - Laws Concerning the Timing of Embalming, Final Disposition, and Funeral Establishment Inspections
- Bulletin - Proper Disposition Unclaimed Cremated Remains
- Mortuary Science Public Notice 2020
- Mortuary Science Public Notice 2019
- Mortuary Science Public Notice 2018
- Mortuary Science 2017 Board Meetings
- Mortuary Science Board Meeting Agendas and Minutes
- Michigan Board of Mortuary Science Members
- Federal Trade Commission Regarding Funerals