In December 2011, Governor Rick Snyder signed P.A. 256 of 2011, Michigan Fireworks Safety Act, which allows the sale and use of consumer-grade fireworks in Michigan. LARA/Bureau of Fire Services have been given the responsibility of administering and enforcing the Fireworks Safety Act and the promulgated Fireworks General Safety rules to ensure retail locations throughout the State of Michigan comply with nationally accepted standards for the retail sale of consumer and low-impact fireworks, specifically the National Fire Protection Association Standards 101 and 1124.
All fees generated as part of the program are allocated to support the operation of the program and the training of the State's approximately 34,500 Fire Fighters.
2019 Fireworks Season. Click on this link to apply: 2019 Consumer Fireworks Application and Low Impact Registration. The process is the same as last year using the Accela program.
All previous 2017 applicants will not have to create a new account. All new applicants in 2018 will have to create a new account. Like last year you will still be able to attach any required documentation to your online application. All Certificates issued will be emailed to you for you to print and display at your Retail Sales Location.
NOTE: 2019 Fireworks Applications will be processed as a DENIAL when the previous year’s required Sales Reports and Fire Safety payments are not current. The requirement is to submit a sales report and all subsequent fire safety fees for each active Certificate you have, beginning with the month that Certificate is issued. You will be given 45 days from the time the denial is issued to resolve any delinquent reports and or payments. Once those reports are current we will have 30 days to process your application. We do have available (below) a tutorial to assist you with that process.
THE DEADLINE TO APPLY FOR FIREWORKS IS
APRIL 1, 2019.
Fireworks: What You Need to Know
- 2019 Fire Safety Fee Payment and Reporting Schedule
- 2019 FW Acct Creation, Application, Safety Fees 2-26-19 Training
- Fireworks New Law Changes 2-26-19 Training
- Public Act 634 of 2018
- Public Act 635 of 2018
- Public Act 636 of 2018
- Attention Potential 2019 Consumer or Low Impact Fireworks Applicants
- Fireworks Certificate History Summary
- 2018 Fireworks Thank You
- Attaching Documents to the Consumer Fireworks Applications
- Consumer Fireworks Application
- Low Impact Fireworks Registration
- 2018 Fireworks Guidelines
- Fireworks Insurance Requirements
- Fireworks Safety General Rules
- Michigan Fireworks Safety Act No. 256