Michigan Challenge Program for General Industry
Are you ready to step up to the “challenge?” Call the CET Division today at 517-284-7720 for your advantage.
The MIOSHA Consultation Education & Training (CET) Division is inviting employers to step up to the Challenge and embrace this exciting opportunity in making the workplace a safe and healthy environment: The Michigan Challenge Program. It is a progressive management developmental tool; an exciting way for employers to develop new management skills and employee directed skills in safety and health related work practices, helping them grow both as employers and employees to improve efficiencies, profit margins, and to reduce the cost of business, all without charge to employers.
The MCP Challenge: The MCP offers employers an opportunity to develop an effective safety and health management system during a 3 year cooperative agreement and commitment with MIOSHA. Here is what participants can expect during this commitment period:
- Identifying strengths and weaknesses of their existing program
- Learning about the elements of a strong safety and health management system
- Learning the core requirements of effective management leadership for a safe work environment
- Learning of effective hazard prevention and control methodologies
- On-going safety and health training for all levels in the organization
- Reviewing accident trends and cost estimates
The MCP Advantage: During the first year of the program, a CET Consultant will provide comprehensive assistance and training in all 5 elements of an effective Safety and Health Management System and will continue to provide follow-up consultation and annual audits for two consecutive years, thereafter. Participants may decide at any time to discontinue their involvement; however, continuing in the program yields the following benefits:
- Free Consultation Services in building a safe and healthy work environment
- Reduced Absenteeism
- Lower Turnover Rates
- Higher Productivity
- Greater Efficiency
- Increased Quality
- Decreased Scrap/Waste
- Increased Employee Morale
- Positive Brand Image
- Decreased Healthcare Costs
- Decrease Workers Compensation Cost
- Deferral of 6 months from programmed inspections
- Development of a solid and proven Safety and Health Management System
- Financial Reward
- Higher morale of employees
- Improved product quality
- Lowered workers’ compensation costs due to fewer employee injuries and illnesses
- Reduction or elimination of property damage due to fewer incidents
- Reduced turnover of personnel
Whatever motivates you toward corporate growth, i.e., increasing sales, gaining market share, generating a healthy income stream, or even if your business is not for profit, you must agree that a healthy workforce is the key to achieving your business goals. It is the reason corporate leaders are seeking better resources to guide their decisions in creating a safer work culture. If you are also seeking resources for improving safe operations in your company, MIOSHA's Michigan Challenge Program (MCP) might just be the answer for you.
For further information about this progressive program or to request our free consultation, education, and training services for improving workplace safety, please call us today at 517-284-7720. Click HERE for a quick review of the benefits of this program.