Governor Rick Snyder and Sir Kim Darroch KCMG, British Ambassador to the United States, met on August 27th to discuss ways Michigan and the United Kingdom can work together to develop and promote electric vehicle technologies. The two also compared electric vehicles with a Ford Fusion Energi, Chevy Bolt EV and Jaguar I-Pace onsite for the meeting.
View the news release here.
Michigan Agency for Energy has established the Farm Tap Appliance Rebate program
The Michigan Agency for Energy has established the Farm Tap Appliance Rebate program to encourage homeowners who get natural gas from a “farm tap” to switch to another fuel such as utility-supplied natural gas, propane or wood pellets.
Eligible home/property owners could be eligible for up to $1,500 in appliance rebates. Appliances eligible for the rebate include range ovens, hot water heaters, furnace, clothes dryer, and smart devices, such as thermostats.
To apply click here.
They’d love to see you and answer your question. Look for the Michigan Agency for Energy table.
9 a.m. to 5 p.m.
2934 Russell St.
Detroit MI 48207
Hispanic Latino Commission meeting
10 a.m. to 5 p.m.
300 Town Center Dr.
Dearborn, MI 48126
Unify Detroit Coalition
10 a.m. to 2 p.m.
Shrine of the Black Madonna
Detroit, MI 48206
Michigan Agency for Energy
The Michigan Agency for Energy works closely with regional and federal stakeholders on issues that are important to Michigan's energy security and future. Among our partners:
- Midcontinent Independent System Operator (MISO) a regional transmission organization that covers most of Michigan
- Organization of MISO states (OMS), represents state and local utility regulators at MISO
- PJM Interconnection, a regional transmission organization that covers a portion of Michigan
- Federal Energy Regulatory Commission (FERC)
- Pipeline and Hazardous Materials Safety Administration (PHMSA)
The building that houses the Michigan Agency for Energy and the Michigan Public Service Commission has earned the respected ENERGY STAR certification, awarded by the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency to buildings that meet strict energy waste reduction standards.
- Report To The Legislature
Review of Policies Relating to Carbon Dioxide Capture from Industrial Sources and the Use and Sequestration of Captured Carbon Dioxide in Enhanced Oil Recovery.
- The Michigan Energy Office has issued a Request for Information for new programs
- Electrify America - A Partnership with Michigan
Michigan partners join forces to submit an integrated vision for electric vehicle infrastructure and mobility support in response to the Volkswagen Group of America’s Electrify America RFP.
- State energy officials from around the country, industry partners gather in Detroit next week for NASEO annual meeting
- Michigan Energy Office seeks to sponsor teams of college students for Solar Decathlon Design Challenge
- Time running out to apply for Home Heating Credit
- Michigan public educational facilities encouraged to pursue ENERGY STAR certification to help cut energy bills
- Michigan Energy Office to host focus group for electric vehicle drivers as part of EV ride and drive event
- Public can comment through Sept. 4 on Coast Guard proposal for additional vessel regulations in Straits of Mackinac