Drinking Water Certification Reciprocity
Scott Schmidt - (517) 899-6906
The State of Michigan allows for temporary reciprocity of certification for operators that have certification in another state. Operators holding certification in another state who would like to become certified in Michigan are allowed to apply for a temporary reciprocal license under Rule R325.11914 of the Safe Drinking Water Act, 1976 PA 399 as amended. A temporary license will be issued for a time frame to where the applicant can take and receive the results from the next certification exam, which shall not exceed 18 months. Temporary license holder(s) who pass the certification exams will receive full certification in the State of Michigan. If the applicant fails to pass the certification examination their temporary license will no longer be valid.
The following list contains items the reciprocity applicants must complete before submission.
- A completed Drinking Water Operator Reciprocal License Application.
- An exam application(s) (F,D, or S) to the corresponding license.
- A copy of your position description for job(s) held in the drinking water sector.
- A copy of your resume.
- A copy of all education/training records.
- A current copy of your drinking water license/certificate.