The Management and Budget Act defines the powers and duties of the Michigan Department of Technology, Management & Budget (formerly DMB) and provides guidelines for the operation of the Michigan state government.
Areas covered by the Act include the following:
- Powers, duties, and laws relative to budgeting, accounting, and appropriations;
- Bids, purchases, and contracts for materials and supplies;
- Departmental internal auditing, administrative control, and reporting;
- The capital outlay process;
- The Consensus Revenue Estimating Conference; and
- Revenue, expenditures, and state spending to local governments.