Subscribe to Showcasing:
Topics range from fishing and hunting to history and outdoor recreation. This is a weekly feature story sent on Thursday.
- Profiling two state park gems
Indian Lake State Park and Palms Book State Park offer more than just gorgous scenery. They're great places to picknic, camp, stargaze and more!
- The best Father's Day gift
Sometimes the best gift to give is time spent together.
- A little ride back - peeking at our past
Mackinac Island offers a glimpse into a bygone era where the rumble of car engines is absent and horses are a main mode of transportation.
- Revitalizing Michigan's Civilian Conservation Corps Museum
In 1933, the Civilian Conservation Corps came to Michigan and changed the landscape forever. Today, a museum stands as a testament to this "tree army."
- Cars, support for state parks and the Recreation Passport
Automobiles were a driving force behind the initial success of Michigan's state parks, and today support our expanded park system through the Recreation Passport.