Subscribe to Showcasing:
Topics range from fishing and hunting to history and outdoor recreation. This is a weekly feature story sent on Thursday.
- The power of public lands - building a strategy for more than 4 million acres
Chances are, your part of the state has public lands that benefit residents and businesses. And, chances are, the DNR manages those public lands in some way, either directly or in partnership.
- Get outside and celebrate the glory of Michigan's fall color
There is only one thing to do as Michigan’s air grows crisp, temperatures fall and trees turn from green to glorious shades of yellow, orange and red: revel in it.
- Discovering the joy of Michigan's mountain bike trails
Michigan's nonmotorized trails system has more than 3,000 miles dedicated to paved, gravel and off-road single-track trails for bicyclists to enjoy 365 days a year.
- Rare locomotive loaded for restoration trip to Pennsylvania
A historic steam locomotive, one of only three surviving Chaplin locomotives in the world, called the Yankee, was readied for a 900-mile trip to Pennsylvania for restoration work.
- Protecting Michigan's historic treasures from fire
The Michigan Department of Natural Resources stewards the state’s treasure trove of natural and cultural resources for the future and makes sure that they can withstand sudden and unexpected disasters – one of them being fire.