Subscribe to Showcasing:
Topics range from fishing and hunting to history and outdoor recreation. This is a weekly feature story sent on Thursday.
- From conservation officers to private citizens, protecting natural resources is everybody's business
It’s the responsibility of a conservation officer to protect and to preserve Michigan's natural resources for future generations. The public can help by reporting suspected poaching.
- Monument men, surveying Michigan's land
DNR land surveyors mark as many as 1,000 boundary corners in a year on 4 million acres of state forest land.
- Birding trails developing across Michigan
With the growing popularity of birdwatching – more than 45 million Americans enjoy the pastime – birding trails are developing around the state.
- A visit to Michigan's most remote state park
Exploring the rugged, peaceful beauty and fascinating history of Craig Lake State Park in Baraga County.
- Director, divisions set department priorities for 2019
Recently, DNR Director Dan Eichinger and the chiefs of each DNR division laid out their priorities for 2019.