We offer recycling opportunities in many of our parks, recreation areas and harbors. We partner with the Michigan Recycling Coalition to help initiate and support recycling efforts.
Green tips for your camping trip
- Pack your food in reusable containers to minimize package waste.
- Bring reusable water bottles instead of bottled water. Fill your reusable water bottle with water from home or a campground water source.
- Bring a bag to collect recyclables and either bring them home or deposit into park recycling containers.
- Bring reusable plates and silverware.
- Use biodegradable soaps.
- Be familiar with “Leave No Trace” principles.
Department of Natural Resources