Northern White Cedar Regeneration Trials
The goal of the Northern White Cedar Regeneration Project is to quantitatively evaluate previous white cedar regeneration patterns and provide recommendations for additional research and management to the state of Michigan.
Universities and research institutions
- Application materials will be posted with a due date of March 12, 2021.
- Completed applications and budget sheets will be submitted to the Forest Resources Division for review.
- Applications are approved, adjusted or denied by March 19, 2021.
- Applicants are notified and agreements signed.
Applications are due March 12, 2021
Grants will be awarded April 1, 2021
Dollar Amount(s) Available:
Up to $500,000 over 3 years
Funding source: Forest Development Fund
Jason Hartman, State Silviculturist, 989-390-0279.
Forms and information for applicants
- White Cedar Research Request for Proposals
This summary outlines the structure and application process for a 3-year research grant. The grant involves a literature review, historical treatment analyses, and design of future experimentation.
- Budget template
Use this template as a guide to develop a proposed budget.
- Proposal template
Use this template as a guide to develop the proposal.
- List of previous cedar regeneration treatments
A summary of previous state forest cedar and lowland conifer treatments, used to help frame a proposal and formulate a FY2021 measurement plan. The researcher is encouraged to reach out to other landowners for additional sites.