Alcohol restrictions at state parks and recreation areas
You may not possess or consume an alcoholic beverage within the following described locations April 1 through Labor Day without written authorization of the park manager:
- Fort Custer Recreation Area - entire park.
- Holly Recreation Area - day-use areas south of McGinnis Road.
- Island Lake Recreation Area- day-use areas in park, excluding rented shelters.
- Metamora-Hadley Recreation Area - day-use areas in park.
- Muskegon State Park - day-use area.
- Pinckney Recreation Area - rented shelters in the Silver Lake and Halfmoon day-use areas.
- P. J. Hoffmaster State Park - campground.
- Proud Lake Recreation Area - day-use area east of Wixom Road.
- Seven Lakes State Park - day-use areas of the park.
- Sterling State Park - day-use areas in park.
- Van Buren State Park - day-use and beach area.
- Yankee Springs Recreation Area - Gun Lake day-use area.
March 1 through Sept. 30, you may not possess or consume an alcoholic beverage in the following locations:
- Grand Mere State Park - entire park.
April 1 through Sept. 30, you may not possess or consume an alcoholic beverage in the following locations:
- Brighton Recreation Area - Bishop Lake day-use area.
- Warren Dunes State Park - entire park.
You may not possess or consume an alcoholic beverage at any time within the following described locations, without written authorization of the park manager:
- Belle Isle Park - entire park.
- Dodge #4 State Park - entire park.
- Grand Haven State Park - entire park.
- Holland State Park - entire park.
- Maybury State Park - entire park.
- Pontiac Lake Recreation Area - day-use areas in the park.
- William G. Milliken State Park and harbor - entire park/harbor.
- Yankee Springs Recreation Area - Deep Lake campground, mountain bike parking lot and boating access site 8-18.
Alcohol restrictions at boating access sites
Consuming alcoholic beverages or possessing an open alcoholic beverage are not allowed at locations below. This prohibition does not apply while on a vessel.
- Big lake boating access site 3-1, section 14, T2N R12W, Allegan County
- Green lake boating access site 3-4, section 10, T4N R11W, Allegan County.
- Lake sixteen boating access site 3-9, section 16, T2N R11W, Allegan County.
- Irving road boating access site 8-5, section 31, T4N R9W, Barry County.
- Bristol lake boating access site 8-11, section 10, T1N R8W, Barry County.
- Airport road boating access site 8-32, section 10, T3N R9W, Barry County.
- Benton harbor boating access site 11-12, section 24, T4S R14W, Berrien County.
- Jasper dairy road boating access site, 11-13, section 27, T5S R18W, Berrien County.
- Buchanan boating access site 11-8, section 23, T7S R18W, Berrien County.
- Goguac lake boating access site 13-2, section 14, T2S R8W, Calhoun County.
- Hemlock lake boating access site 14-7, section 3, T5S R13W, Cass County.
- Lake Fenton boating access site 25-2, section 14, T5N R6E, Genesee County.
- Lake Ponemah boating access site 25-3, section 22, T5N R6E, Genesee County.
- Long lake boating access site 34-2, section 3, T8N R7W, Ionia County.
- East Tawas mooring facility (May 15 to Sept.15), Iosco County.
- Sherman lake boating access site 39-2, section 29, T1S R9W, Kalamazoo County.
- Morrow pond boating access site 39-5, section 22, T2S R10W, Kalamazoo County.
- Eagle lake boating access site 39-6, section 9, T3S R12W, Kalamazoo County.
- Rupert lake boating access site 39-9, section 5, T1S R12W, Kalamazoo County.
- Sugar loaf lake boating access site 39-11, section 5, T4S R11W, Kalamazoo County.
- Austin lake boating access site 39-14, section 26, T3S R11W, Kalamazoo County.
- Murray lake boating access site 41-1, section 33, T8N R9W, Kent County.
- Campau lake boating access site 41-2, section 12, T5N R10W, Kent County.
- Camp lake boating access site 41-4, section 18, T9N R11W, Kent County.
- Harley Ensign memorial boating access site 50-1, section 15, T2N R14E, Macomb County.
- Selfridge boating access site 50-3, section 5, T2N R14E, Macomb County.
- Clinton river cutoff boating access site 50-7, section 30, T2N R14E, Macomb County.
- Little Whitefish lake boating access site 59-9, section 8, T11N R10W, Montcalm County.
- Orchard lake boating access site 63-1, section 14, T2N R9E, Oakland County.
- Tackles drive boating access site 63-4, section 13, T3N R8E, Oakland County.
- Tipsico lake boating access site 63-18, section 30, T4N R7E, Oakland County.
- Lake George boating access site 65-16, section 18, T21N R2E, Ogemaw County (May 20 through Sept. 15).
- Lake St. Helen boating access site 72-14, section 21, T23N R1W, Roscommon County (May 20 through Sept. 14).
- Klinger lake boating access site 75-2, section 2, T8S R11W, St. Joseph County.
- Fishers lake boating access site 75-3, section 34, T5S R11W, St. Joseph County.
- Clear lake boating access site 75-4, section 17, T6S R12W, St. Joseph County.
- Gravel lake boating access site 80-3, section 31, T4S R13W, Van Buren County.
- Van Auken boating access site 80-7, section 33, T2S R16W, Van Buren County.
- Three mile lake boating access site 80-8, section 21, T3S R14W, Van Buren County.
- Lake Cora boating access site 80-10, section 18, T3S R14W, Van Buren County.
- North Channel boating access site 74-1, section 9, T2N R16E, St. Clair County.