COVID-19 safety policies for DNR shooting ranges
The following policies have been instituted to ensure a safe environment for staff and customers:
- While at DNR shooting ranges, all customers and employees are asked to maintain a social distance of 6 feet between them and anyone that is not an immediate member of their family. Please note that this includes the parking lot and the ranges.
- The rifle and pistol range will be limited to 50% capacity. Range personnel will require an unoccupied bench between each occupied bench.
- The ranges will be marked so customers can clearly identify proper distances.
- Hand sanitizer will be available for customer and employee use on the rifle, pistol and shotgun trap ranges.
- Sanitizing solution will be made available to customers for use on shooting stations, chairs, brooms and other touch points.
- Customers and employees are asked to wear a face covering while inside a building.
- Sandbags, spotting scopes, carpet squares, eye and ear protection will no longer be provided due to the difficulty in keeping those items sanitized. These items will be up to the shooter to provide for themselves.
- Trap machines will be available on Sundays in the months of July and August. Staff will continue to load and do all work to the trap machines.
- Shooters are encouraged to bring their own gloves, hand sanitizer, disinfectant and whatever else they deem necessary to protect themselves.
- Shooters are reminded that they are participating in an outdoor activity and they participate at their own risk due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
The days of operation for Ortonville, Pontiac Lake, Rose Lake and Sharonville shooting ranges are the following, until further notice:
- Thursday, Friday, Saturday and Sunday - open
- Mondays through July 20, 2020 – closed due to temporary lay-off
- Tuesdays and Wednesdays – closed
- Dansville shooting range in Ingham County will remain closed until the hiring freeze is lifted and staffing becomes available.