Shiawassee River Managed Waterfowl Hunt Area Manager's Update
Review For Week Ending
- Warm weather again this week has not helped with harvest this week. We had a couple of rain days that delayed finishing up harvest in the 30's and 1-5 this week (hopefully tomorrow).
- Refuge count this week to 6000 birds a steady increase from last week. There were also 795 geese present during the count.
- All field with the exception of 1-4 and the 40's are now flooded with at least 6 inches of water and as much as 18 in others.
- For the reserved hunts this week participation was low. On Sunday we only had 8 preregistered parties show with 4 left over spots.
- Harvest this week is up to 1,412 ducks and 187 geese. 1130 hunter trips occurred with a average of 1.25 ducks per hunter trip and 1.42 birds per hunter trip.
What to expect this week
- Harvest to finish up this week. Hopefully cooler temps for the upcoming week will help with duck migration.