Are you looking for a place to take the family fishing? Check out our designated Family Friendly Fishing Waters web application below. These locations are:
- Easy to access
- High likelihood of catching fish
Need help navigating the Family Friendly Fishing Waters application? Check out our How-To document.
This application contains a complex map. Call 517-284-5839 for assistance with reading or interpreting. If you have questions or comments, please contact Elyse Walter at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Want to submit a location? Send an email to DNR-FamilyFriendlyFishingWaters@michigan.gov with the following information:
- waterbody name
- size of waterbody
- type of fishing available (shore, pier, boat)
- fish species found there
- hours open
- if a fee is required for entry
- on-site amenities (including if there are rustic bathrooms, modern bathrooms or no bathrooms)
- county, city/township, address (if available)
- a photo (if available)
Submissions and locations are evaluated by our staff to make sure they fit the requirements. Submission of a waterbody does not guarantee it will be included on the map. We will make every effort to include as many waterbodies that are submitted as possible.